Kenneth A. DiMuzio, Sr.
"Martindale-Hubbell, the oldest and most respected law firm directory in the nation, has awarded Joseph J. Hoffman, Jr. the highest rating for legal skill and ethical integrity based upon annual peer reviews from members of the legal profession."
The AV rating signifies "The pinnacle of professional excellence earned through a strenuous Peer Review Rating process that is managed and monitored by the world's most trusted legal resource." The AV rating is the "highest possible Peer Review Rating in legal ability and ethical standards." The LEXIS-NEXIS Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings have been an integral part of Martindale-Hubbell's services to the legal community since 1887. The Peer Review Rating process, which evaluates lawyers in the United States and Canada, is solely based upon peer review. A Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating attests to a lawyer’s legal ability and professional ethics, and reflects the confidential opinions of the Bar.
Kenneth A. DiMuzio, Sr., is a founding co-partner. He concentrates his practice on personal injury and workers’ compensation matters. For more than 30 years he served as solicitor to municipal governments. More recently, Ken has served as “special counsel” to two municipalities. He currently serves as solicitor to the Logan Township Municipal Utilities Authority.
Ken is a native of Gloucester County, where he resides with his wife. An attorney with over 45 years of professional experience, he is a Martindale-Hubbell AV rated attorney. This rating represents the highest possible peer review rating in legal ability and ethical standards. Ken graduated with honors from Georgetown University and was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa. He attended Georgetown University Law Center on a scholarship and was chosen editor of the Law Journal. After graduating in 1969, he served a clerkship with the Honorable Lawrence A. Carton, Appellate Division of New Jersey Superior Court.
- Served as solicitor for Greenwich Township
- Served as solicitor for Logan Township
- Served as solicitor for the Greenwich Township Planning Board
- Served as solicitor for the Elk Township Municipal Utilities Authority
- Served as solicitor for the Elk Township Board of Adjustment
- Served as solicitor for the Deptford Township Board of Health
Professional & Community Involvement
- President, Gloucester County Bar Association
- Trustee, Gloucester County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Institute of Municipal Attorneys
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America-New Jersey
- Gloucester County Bar Association – Professionalism in the Law Award - 2003
- Member of the Board of Trustees of Gloucester County College - 1984 to 1987
- Vice Chairman of Board of Trustees - 1987 to 1988
- Chairman of Board of Trustees - 1988 to 1994
Published Court Decisions
- Avalon Home and Land Owners Ass'n v. Borough of Avalon, 111 N.J. 205, 543 A.2d 950 (1988)
- Brunell v. Wildwood Crest Police Dept., 348 N.J.Super. 180 (App. Div. 2002), rev’d, 176 N.J. 225 (2003)
- Township of Greenwich v. Mobil Oil Corp., 504 F. Supp. 1275 (D. N.J. 1981), aff’d, 659 F. 2d1071(3rd Cir. 1981)
- Sexton v. County of Cumberland, 404 N.J. Super. 542 (App. Div. 2009)
- Selected Risks Ins. Co. v. Schulz, 140 N.J.Super. 555, (Law Div. 1976), aff’d, 136 N.J.Super. 185(App. Div.1975)
- Brokenbaugh v. New Jersey Mfrs. Ins. Co., 158 N.J.Super. 424, 386 A.2d 433, 96 A.L.R.3d 793 (App. Div. 1978).
- Lee v. W.S. Steel Warehousing, 205 N.J.Super. 153, 500 A.2d 394 (App. Div.1985)
Articles & Presentations
- Conducted seminars on personal injury liability, environmental law, and municipal law
- NJSLOM Magazine, “Siting of Hazardous Waste Facilities,” May, 1981
- NJSLOM Magazine, “Reforming the Business Personal Property Tax”, New Jersey League of Municipalities Magazine, May, 1986.
- NJSLOM Magazine, “A New Orleans Style Flood, Could It Happen Here?” New Jersey League of Municipalities Magazine, February, 2006
- Lecturer at seminar on "Siting of Hazardous Waste Facilities" sponsored by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (Solid Waste Processing Div.), Washington, D.C., May 12, 1980.
- Lecturer at seminar on "Environmental Law and Practice: Update regarding "Siting of Hazardous Waste Management Facilities" sponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and held October 31, 1980, Philadelphia, PA.
- Lecturer at "Hazardous Waste Siting Conference" regarding "The Local Perspective in Considering a Hazardous Waste Site," sponsored by the Cooperative Extension Service of Cook College (Rutgers University), U.S. Department of Agriculture and County Boards of Chosen Freeholders.
- Lecturer at the "The Fourth Annual Municipal Law Forum" sponsored by New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education in cooperation with the New Jersey New Jersey Institute of Municipal Attorneys. Topic: "Emerging Issues in Municipal Liability - New Trends on Tort Liability, Civil Rights and Anti-Trust Matters."
- Lecturer at "The Sixth Annual Municipal Law Forum" sponsored by New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education in cooperation with the New Jersey Institute of Municipal Attorneys. Topic: "Recent Developments in Resource Recovery, Municipal Sewer and Utilities Authorities and Cable TV - How Much Will They Cost Your Municipality?" June 29, 1985.
- Lecturer at "Environmental Law Seminar" sponsored by Gloucester County Bar Association. Topic: "Environmental Law and Real Estate Transactions in New Jersey." February, 1989.
- Personal Injury
- Workers’ Compensation
- Municipal Law
- Planning And Zoning
- State of New Jersey
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Georgetown University, A.B., cum laude
- Georgetown University, J.D., 1969, Editor, Georgetown Law Journal