Peter J. Bonfiglio, III
Mr. Bonfiglio concentrates his practice in the area of municipal court with an emphasis on defense of individuals charged with driving while intoxicated and/or refusal to submit to a breath test.
Pete resides in Gloucester Township, Camden County with his wife and two of his three children. In addition to his law practice, he is a frequent lecturer on municipal court issues including driving while intoxicated and refusal to submit to breath testing. He is also fully trained in the National Highway Traffic Administration's (NHTSA) DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing curriculum and has earned a certification from Draeger Safety Diagnostics, Inc., the manufacturer of the Alcotest 7110 MKIII-C, the breath testing device utilized by the State of New Jersey in prosecuting alleged DWI offenders.
"I believe every case should be prepared as if it will be going to trial, said Peter Bonfiglio. All avenues are explored on behalf of the client."
- Served as Municipal Prosecutor in Gloucester Township, Stratford, Hi-Nella, Laurel Springs, Lindenwold and Brooklawn.
- Served as counsel of record in six reported decisions including State of New Jersey v. Aaron Schmidt which resulted in statewide revisions to police procedures in DWI/Refusal cases.
- 19 years experience in Municipal Court law.
- 9 years experience as a criminal defense attorney.
- Handle approximately 170 DWI/Refusal cases a year.
Professional & Community Involvement
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Gloucester County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Certified Municipal Court Trial Attorney
- Counsel of record in State of New Jersey v. Aaron Schmidt ranked 6th most important municipal court case in 2009-2010 by New Jersey Lawyer Magazine
- Certification, Draeger Safety Diagnostics, Inc. the manufacturer of the Alcotest MKIII-C
Articles & Presentations
- Lecturer, Driving While Intoxicated and Refusal to Submit to Breath Testing
- Municipal Court
- Refusal to Submit to Breath Testing
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for New Jersey
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Villanova University, B.S. Cum Laude, Accounting
- Villanova University School of Law, Juris Doctor