Hoffman DiMuzio New Jersey Personal Injury Lawyers
Fighting For South Jersey Since 1983
Simply defined, personal injury law deals with injury to your person created by the negligence of another person or entity. Broadly, to prove a claim of negligence, a plaintiff must prove that they were injured due to the negligent act of another person or entity, that the plaintiff suffered injury and damages, and that the injury and damages were caused by the negligent act. However, depending on the facts and circumstances of your case, different laws and rules may apply, which may require higher standards to be met. Let t he experienced personal injury attorneys of Hoffman DiMuzio to help prove your case and seek the justice and compensation you deserve.
If you are the victim of personal injury, it’s important to take the following steps:
- Obtain the medical assistance you need. Keep a record of appointments and medications.
- Document the accident or injury. Obtain all reports and witness statements and keep them in a folder.
- Begin and maintain a journal of your injury or illness. Keep detailed records of the impact of the injury on your life and that of your family.
- Contact an attorney. The passionate, powerful and proven personal injury team at the law offices of Hoffman DiMuzio offers a free consultation for those involved in personal injury accidents.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INJURY CASES
If you’re unsure whether your illness or injury may entitle you to compensation, speak with a Gloucester County personal injury attorney at Hoffman DiMuzio. We typically handle cases involving:
- Auto accidents. You may be entitled to compensation when you are hurt in an auto accident, even if you were partially at fault.
- Asbestosis & Mesothelioma. Asbestos exposure, often job-related, can cause serious damage to your lungs, and has been closely linked to the development of Mesothelioma cancer.
- Assault and Sexual Abuse. If you are the victim of assault or sexual abuse, you have the right to file a civil claim against the offender(s), even if they were not charged or convicted criminally.
- Construction Accidents. You may be entitled to compensation if you have been hurt due to unsafe or hazardous conditions on a job site.
- Dog bites. Owners of all dogs, not just so-called “dangerous” breeds, can be liable for serious injuries related to bites and attacks by their animals.
- Medical malpractice. Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional negligently fails to follow established protocol during a medical procedure resulting in injury or death to the patient.
- Nursing Home & Elder Abuse. Nursing homes must provide a safe environment for their residents, as well as appropriate supervision and assistance; failure to do so may lead to abuse and/or injury for which they are liable.
- Product Liability.Injuries which are caused by a product’s design, production, packaging or other product defects may result in liability to the manufacturer and/or seller of the products.
- Slip and fall liability. Slip and fall incidents involve an injury in which an individual slips, trips or falls on the property of another person, business, or entity. Falls can occur from many causes, such as ice, wet floors, negligent design or construction, and more.
- Tractor Trailer Accidents. Crashes involving tractor-trailers can often lead to catastrophic damage and injuries, and which often require complex litigation against one or more commercial entities.
- Worker’s Compensation. All workers are at risk for injuries suffered on the job, as all employers are required to keep safe work environments which are up to the governing laws and regulations of the United States and each individual state.
- Wrongful death. In a wrongful death case, a loved one has lost his life due to the negligence or wrongdoing of another, whether intentional or unintentional. Wrongful death cases are separate from any criminal action that may also be taken.
While personal injury cases are complex and involve a multitude of issues, New Jersey follows the doctrine of modified comparative negligence. This means that even if you were partly to blame for your injuries, you may still receive compensation from other responsible parties.
Speak to personal injury lawyer near you. Call 856.238.5183
We’ll schedule your FREE consultation and meet at the office nearest you.
Schedule a free consultation with passionate, powerful, and proven personal injury attorneys
Hoffman DiMuzio successfully has handled personal injury cases since 1983, obtaining over a hundred million dollars for our clients over that time. Our personal injury team are respected members of the legal community, having given numerous lectures and guidance to other attorneys in the region.
If you believe you have a personal injury case, it is critical that you obtain the assistance of an experienced attorney. Hoffman DiMuzio provide free consultations for all personal injury and workers compensation claims as well as municipal court and criminal matters.
To set up a consultation, simply fill out the quick contact form below and a representative will reach out to you shortly.
Speak To A Personal Injury Attorney
Disclaimer: please note this page was written to provide information about the law and is not legal advice. Click here to read more about our disclaimer and our fees and services.