Christine DiMuzio Sorochen
Christine DiMuzio Sorochen is a lifelong Gloucester County resident and currently resides in Mickleton, New Jersey. Mrs. Sorochen attended the University of Delaware where she majored in both Psychology and English and graduated with a B.A. in 1995. After graduating from the University of Delaware, Christine attended Widener University School of Law where she received a Certificate of Achievement in May 1997 and graduated Cum Laude in May 1998. Mrs. Sorochen became a member of the New Jersey State bar and the Federal District Court bar in December 1998.
Following graduation from law school, Mrs. Sorochen served as a civil law clerk for the Honorable John S. Holston, Gloucester County for a one-year term. Mrs. Sorochen has been trained as a Mediator for the state of New Jersey. For several years Mrs. DiMuzio Sorochen served as Women in the Law Committee Chair for the Gloucester County Bar Association and served as a Young Lawyer Trustee for the Association as well. Mrs. Sorochen has worked for the firm since 1999 and her area of practice has concentrated in workers' compensation law.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Gloucester County Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Keynote Speaker at the Annual 2003 Workers Compensation Bench Bar Seminar.
- Speaker for the New Jersey Business Institute relating to Workers Compensation.
- Created groundbreaking new law by advocating the rights of an injured worker before the New Jersey Supreme Court in Brunell v. Wildwood Crest Police Dep’t, 348 N.J. Super. 180 (App. Div. 2002), cert. granted, 174 N.J. 40 (2002), rev’d, 2003 N.J. LEXIS 559 (May 21, 2003) (Counsel of record, Petitioner-Appellant).
- Mrs. Sorochen successfully argued before the Appellate Division in Sexton v. County of Cumberland/Cumberland Manor, 404 N.J. Super. 542 (App. Div. 9/28/09).
- Workers’ Compensation
- 1998, New Jersey
- S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- University of Delaware, B.A., Double Major: Psychology and English, 1995
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 1998